The ShoutDreams blogging network is looking for an experienced and highly capable editor and proofreader (and occasional writer) to join our remote team. ShoutDreams is a collective of several blogs including the highly popular and award-winning blog “ShoutMeLoud”. The blogs’ contents mostly contain information about blogging, becoming an entrepreneur, WordPress, online marketing, productive living, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and “living a boss-free life”.
This position requires native-level English, a great attention to detail, the ability to work well under pressure, and a willingness to help out a lot of people. At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role is required.
As an editor/proofreader, you will be responsible for the language on all outbound copy on the website, promotional materials, blog posts, and social media updates.
- Proofread and edit all blog posts from staff and guest bloggers- ensuring perfect grammar, flow, and consistency.
- Ensure that no language mistakes of any kind get published anywhere on the site.
- Assess whether or not a blog post is a good fit for the site based on various factors.
- Give feedback to staff and guest bloggers in terms of proper writing and American English grammar.
- Manage a daily workflow of editorial duties.
- Be reachable and in touch with our team throughout the workday.
- Maintain the highest and most professional editorial standards.
- Work directly with other departments to proofread and edit all outbound copy, graphics, and promotional materials.
- Write guest posts as needed.
Essentially, this role is the last line of defense before a piece of writing gets published onto any of our websites. Most of our staff and guest writers are non-native English speakers, and as such, the grammar is not always 100% accurate. Many of our guest bloggers are beginning writers and they do not know how to maintain a proper flow of ideas. This job requires giving feedback to writers wherever feedback is needed. This is not only an editing job; it’s also a chance to be a language mentor to several hardworking students.
- Native-level US English (or native-level proficiency).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated mastery of written English.
- Superb English grammar and syntax skills.
- Ability to edit and proofread work while maintaining a writer’s innate voice.
- A strong desire to help out a lot of people.
- General knowledge of blogging, online marketing, SEO, WordPress, business, etc.
- Ability to work remotely.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work full-time.
What We Offer
- Remote working environment (work in your pajamas in the Bahamas).
- Hard-working team full of blogging, marketing, development, SEO, and writing professionals.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Potential to work with well-known entrepreneurs, marketers, brands, and writers.
- Blogging related deals and discounts for team members.
Negotiable. Based on experience and value to be offered.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] with the subject title “(your name) -Editor/Proofreader Application”.
Also, please provide a sample of your past written and/or editorial work (can be links or attachments).
Looking forward to working with you on the ShoutDreams team!